Award of Excellence|
The Dallas Morning News
"THE BURDEN OF LEAD: WEST DALLAS FEELS IGNORED AFTER YEARS OF DESPAIR"
Davidlee Ramos, 9, was diagnosed with autism last May and his parents believe think it was caused by the lead exposure in their West Dallas, Texas back yard. Davidlee has had learning disabilities since birth, and the Ramos family suspect the death of another dog kept in the back yard was also caused by lead from battery chips in the ground. Davidlee was recently tested for lead exposure and his results came back as 5.0 - which is now a level of concern.